Saturday, March 21, 2009

Daley delighted with career-best figures

Shanel Daley was delighted after winning the Player of the Match Award for the West Indies against Pakistan.

 Daley took career best figures of 4-29 as the West Indies recorded a dramatic three-wicket win over Pakistan in the 5th/6th Play-Off.

“I surprised myself how well I bowled today as I didn’t start that well, but it developed into something good,” said Daley, the daughter of former Jamaican player Aaron Daley.

Although she had hoped that the West Indies would improve on its ranking of five in the world, she was still proud of her side’s efforts.

“I am very proud of the team and our performance. I don’t think we had a great tournament, as I think we could have done better, but that is how it goes,” said Daley.

“I am happy that we maintained our faith, as we haven’t been on the international scene for a while, so I am proud how we came back.”

Daley admitted she has greatly enjoyed her World Cup experience and is keen to gain more experience in Australia to further her cricket education.

“I love Australia and I am hoping to come back next summer to play some club cricket. It has been an amazing experience and I wouldn’t give it up for anything,” she said.


ICC Women's World Cup 2009  News- Saturday, March 21, 2009 4:03:02 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment